MaterialsZone has secured $1m investment to further develop its proprietary technologies that will allow scientific researchers to publish their data on the blockchain. The seed investment into MaterialsZone is from Sarona Ventures, who have been behind popular hi-tech startups and business accelerator programmes.
It is estimated that 95% of scientific research is inaccessible or lost. This is due to fears surrounding intellectual property, little incentive for researchers to publish their data and a lack of platforms upon which scientists can publish it. Therefore, under the current publishing and academic models, most researchers are reluctant to share their data, out of fear of their findings getting scooped by other researchers. This creates an insurmountable barrier for science to shift into an open access approach, which results in billions of data entries, studies, and experiments from all research fields, not being shared, obstructing innovation and scientific breakthroughs.
Israel-based MaterialsZone addresses these issues through its community-driven platform, which allows researchers to share and sell their data. The platform creates an open scientific data marketplace, incentivising laboratories and scientists worldwide to collaborate in the field of materials science. MaterialsZone utilises blockchain technology to manage data transactions, protecting data from being altered, while keeping ownership (IP) in the hands of its creators, without one central entity controlling the database.
The platform facilitates the cooperation between teams and consortia around the world – anytime and in any place, by automatically collecting data from ongoing studies as well as loading historical data into the database. The platform also allows the sharing of failed results data, which will stop researchers pouring time and money into experiments that have been tried elsewhere.
MaterialsZone’s recent efforts has raised $1 million in a seed round from Sarona Ventures, which will help develop its platform on a global scale. MaterialsZone has further harnessed an extensive database that houses novel materials data gathered from leading laboratories worldwide.
MaterialsZone is the result of seven years of R&D at the Institute for Nanotechnology and Advanced Materials (BINA) in Bar Ilan University (BIU) in Israel, in a lab led by Dr. Assaf Anderson and Prof. Arie Zaban, currently the President of BIU. MatersialsZone was founded by Dr. Assaf Anderson, CEO, and Barak Sela, Chief Architect. Dr. Anderson commented on the news:
“Thousands of materials labs around the world rely on rigid patent systems and scientific publications that allow labs to share only a small part of their data. Therefore, around 95% of data goes unpublished due to strains and complexities faced by researchers. Materials science is the most important driving force behind innovation, and unlocking this data in order to accelerate the discovery of new materials is the key to new technologies and solutions.
“We are excited about our recent collaboration with Sarona Ventures, which will further develop the MaterialsZone database and platform that will lead to new solutions and save thousands of experiments worldwide.”
Philippe Bouaziz, founder and chairman of Sarona Ventures, added:
“The vision of MaterialsZone combines revolution in materials science, along with blockchain technology, in which we see one of the most promising areas in the coming years.
“Our investment in MaterialsZone is an expression of our policy to foster innovation on the technology forefront, including the use of the most advanced technologies such as blockchain and artificial intelligence (AI).”
Carnomic: A New Blockchain-Based Platform That Aims To Revolutionize The Automobile Industry
Carnomic’s Innovative And Blockchain-Based Approach - In DetailOne of the best ways to explore the innovative approach behind Carnomic is to see their video which presents the platform and its main advantages. We are featuring it below. https://youtu.be/zCyHHW3SgEI As you can see from the video, there are a couple of statements and facts that Carnomic pitches in its attempt to fulfill its ICO and raise capital before issuing its own token in the cryptocurrency marketplace. Essentially, Carnomic is a startup with an innovative strategy and clear vision to overcome all of the short ends in the traditional data platforms - particularly in the automobile industry. In times when there is no data platform for the car industry, Carnomic aims to revolutionize the unique system of car registration and put it directly on the blockchain. Some of the key points of Carnomic include:
- The MVP/Product - As the prototype from the app already exists, its Beta version is still in development. As a startup, Carnomic is working hard to have its final product ready.
- The Team - Passionate and experienced, the team at Carnomic is reachable and really exists. In other words, the team comprises of blockchain specialists, financial experts as well as individuals that are well-versed in law and legislation.
- Token Use Cases - There are many potential use cases for Carnomic’s token. Carnomic believes that its unique Carnomic Tokens will act as the official payment tokens for the Carnomic Platform, giving the tokens actual use cases and value.
- Hardcap - As a startup, Carnomic requires a realistic and justifiable capital prior to developing the platform to the end. More importantly, their hard cap will be implemented in the smart contract for the token sale.
- Project Roadmap - Carnomic has all of the milestones and future goals outlined - each of which important for the development of the company. The roadmap is realistic and does not deliver any false promises. There is even a white paper which introduces everyone to the platform in detail.
- Customer Base - As Carnomic believes, there is a wide potential customer base for their product. Speaking of, the automotive industry is full of innovation - and the blockchain is obviously a next step in which it could develop. From Volkswagen to Toyota and BMW, there are many automobile giants that are already aiming at blockchain adoption. For more details, check out Carnomic’s white paper.
- Legal Security - Carnomic is currently opening its company in the blockchain-friendly country of Liechtenstein and will be registered as an “LVC – Liechtenstein Venture Cooperative” in a process that is expected to finish by the end of October 2018.
Back Carnomic’s ICO Today And Gain Stake In A Promising Blockchain-Based CompanyIf you believe that Carnomic has all that it takes to reshape the automobile and transportation industry as we know it, the best decision to make is to back up their token sale and make most of the blockchain-based platform that aims to disrupt the industry by improving the use of data and giving a magnitude of benefits to the automobile companies. For more information about the project and a chance to back it up directly, visit https://www.carnomic.io/.
Global Disruptive Innovation Summit. Glorious Concluded in Silicon Valley, USA. GDIS Aims to Be a Future Lead of Technology Trend
Brazil Chamber of Commerce and Industry and Mile Unity Foundation have signed the agreement on collaboration in the field of blockchain-technology.
Consensys, Crypto Invest Summit and Token Foundry Partner to Educate Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Investors, Builders and Developers
Join us on Facebook
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) Activates A Hard Fork, Splintering Into (At Least) Two Competing Versions
- ICO Promotion Services | Advertise your ICO | Promo for ICO
- Fundstrat Global Advisors: Bitcoin Will Take Weeks To Repair The Technical Damage
- ECB Board Member: Bitcoin Is ‘The Evil Spawn Of The Financial Crisis’
- 5% Of Moscow Residents Who Use Non-Cash Methods Are Open To Using Cryptocurrencies
UPCOMING EVENTS RECOMMEND BY DC FORECASTS
wed05dec9:30 am5:30 pmDigital Asset Investment ForumExploring the Emerging Asset Class.9:30 am - 5:30 pm The St. Regis Washington, D.C, 923 16th and K Streets, N.W., Washington, District Of Columbia 20006 USA
Altcoin News3 days ago
Australian Exchange Co-Founder: ‘Stablecoins Are A Game Changer’
Bitcoin News4 days ago
Bitmain Releases The Antminer S15 Bitcoin Mining Chip: How It Ranks Among The Competition
Bitcoin News4 days ago
20% Of UK Residents Think that Bitcoin Will ‘Inevitably’ Be As Common As Cash
Altcoin News4 days ago
CEO Of Binance Thinks That Market Is Still In A Good Position, Crypto Volume x2 Larger Than Stats
Blockchain Archive4 days ago
Bitcoin Press Release Distribution Service | DC Forecasts
Altcoin News3 days ago
CFTC With A Fine Of $1.1 Million To Crypto Fraudster
Blockchain News2 days ago
Iran Gets Removed From SWIFT, Considers Switching To Crypto As Planned
Blockchain News1 day ago
Bank Of America Secures A Patent For Crypto Aggregation Systems