The Japanese prosecutors from 10 prefectures recently arrested 16 individuals who were suspected of involvement in an ongoing criminal case linked to cryptojacking. The news comes from the local news outlet The Asahi Shimbun this June 15th.
Meanwhile, cryptojacking is the practice of using unsuspecting users’ processing power all in order to mine cryptocurrency for the attacker. According to the report, the arrested individuals are right now suspected of installing malware on their victims’ computers in order to mine cryptocurrency in a malicious way. The suspects in Japan were running their own websites, using them to spread the crypto mining malware including the Coinhive program which is known for mining Monero (XMR).
The case is right now focused on 16 men who are aged between 18 and 48. Even though it was announced a couple of days ago and the first arrests took place as early as March, it is still being under investigation.
The largest sum of money that these Japanese hackers obtained thorough the cryptojacking practice amounted to 120,000 yen – equivalent to $1,084 USD. The report also says that the suspects only got 70% of the cryptocurrency mined and the remaining 30% went to Coinhive.
Earlier this week, the news reported that the Japanese police already started another case of cryptojacking with the use of Coinhive – investigating three individuals who are responsible for running websites that spread the Coinhive malware. One of them has been reportedly ordered by the Yokohama Summary Court to pay 100,000 yen (4) in fins.
buy clomid online https://www.arborvita.com/wp-content/themes/twentytwentytwo/inc/patterns/new/clomid.html no prescription
DC Forecasts is a leader in many crypto news categories, striving for the highest journalistic standards and abiding by a strict set of editorial policies. If you are interested to offer your expertise or contribute to our news website, feel free to contact us at [email protected]